9.06.2011

First Day

Another school year! It's crazy how fast it always comes and always goes. We all had a good start to the year. My job-share partner and I work a full day together on the first and last day of school, so my day began at 6:00 so I could be out the door by 8:30 for daycare and school drop-offs, and I was walking into my own building with my students at 9:15.

Luke - At our neighbor and friend Kari's house for daycare. She said he had a good first day back and took a couple of good naps!

Adam - Also at Kari's house and now one of, if not the oldest child there. He'll be doing preschool with her twice a week.

Matt- 3rd grade, had a great first day, excited to learn cursive

Ben - 5th grade, a good first day, although he says his teacher is a little cheesy.

Brian - PE teacher for the 2nd year, but now he'll be at a 2nd building for a small portion of his job. He said he had a great day and a couple of times mentioned he can't believe he gets paid to do his job.

Me - 4th grade teacher (this is a new grade level for me) from noon-4:00. I really enjoyed them today and I'm looking forward to not having the oldest kids in the building.

I had a meal planned for this evening and we enjoyed a family walk together after supper. I still get very overwhelmed thinking about juggling all of my different roles, and I hate to admit it, but I lost my patience a little bit tonight at bedtime. I get stressed at that time of day thinking about all that still needs to be done, plus like everyone else, I'm tired!

It doesn't help when I glanced at an email that referred to this blog, which took my good day and suddenly made me feel substandard as a mom. I guess I shouldn't compare my boring PB & J lunches, but really, a bus themed lunch?!?!

The food planning will forever be a struggle for me.

I didn't have time to take individual pictures of everyone this morning.
3rd grade!
Last year of elementary school for Ben!
My 4th grade class (It's probably illegal to post this picture, but I'll take my chances.)

5 comments:

Gma Marilyn said...

Yeahhhhhh! Everyone looks GREAT!!
Also a beautiful first day!! Love, Gma

Sally said...

She even made her own fruit roll ups. I bet your boys would have been embarrassed if their lunches looked like that.

Who cares?
You all had a good day, a family dinner and a walk!

lil' mama said...

Hil, you look gorgeous and your boys are handsome! It's a cool fun lunch but seriously who cares. Luke would say "it all makes a poop". :) You are so not a substandard mom.

Kate said...

Can I just say how fantastic you look?! Hello hot stuff!

You are an exceptional mother - the lunches are cute, but they aren't a measure of all that you are giving your boys.

Uncle Weebzy said...

Great pictures. I'm so glad your the wonderful Mom of my nephews.