3.05.2011

A Good Day

I had a few rough days last week. Still feeling overwhelmed with everything, continuing to adjust to school, some stressful budget cuts happening in my district that will have some big impacts on everyone, and on and on.

Today however, was a good day! Saturdays often are, but this was the kind of good day that you slow down and appreciate. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but on the heels of a tough week, it was nice to have an enjoyable day.

*For the past 5 consecutive nights Luke has slept 9+ hours!
*Today was a relatively warm (upper 20s) and very bright and sunny day.
*Brian took Ben skiing for the second time and they had a lot of fun.
*Luke was a textbook baby today. Up for two hours, sleep for two hours, up for two more hours, and then another 2 hour nap.
*During the first nap I ran on the treadmill and lifted some weights while Matt & Adam played Wii together.
*During Luke's second nap I took Matt and Adam outside, had the monitor in my snowpants pocket, and we had a great time sledding in the backyard, building a snow castle and just enjoying being outside in the sunshine.
*I'm okay letting the school work and the housework wait until later.

I'm enjoying my boys today!







1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Good for you! Way to enjoy your family. Hope next school week is better.