My veins. Ugh! If you've seen me at all during this pregnancy, you've probably noticed the lovely veins popping out of my left leg! They're purple, green, and blue and there are lots of them. So very, very pretty. Hopefully some of them will disappear after the baby is born, but it's not likely that they'll all go away. I had ONE show up with Adam, and before that, none.
Stretch marks. Again, with Adam I got ONE little one on my belly, but this time, I'm seeing a few more appear. They're actually not THAT bad, and they're the least of my concerns since I won't be wearing bikinis EVER AGAIN in my life. However, I still notice them.
My face. Oh my face, my face, my face. Honestly I would take a picture tonight, but my battery is dead. Since July 12th (I only remember the date because it was the first day of teaching summer school and I distinctly remember thinking about my splotchy skin) I have been battling red, itchy, blotchy skin on my chin and around my nose. This is the hardest for me to handle. Not only is it uncomfortable, it's embarrassing. I've tried EVERYTHING I can get my hands on. I asked my OB about it and he thought possibly hives, so he prescribed some antihistamines. No luck. I finally hit my breaking point today and went to the minute clinic. The NP there felt sorry for me, I could tell, but unfortunately, she wasn't sure and combined with the pregnancy, didn't feel comfortable prescribing anything. I've been to a dermatologist once in my life, and I have no issue with going back except it takes about 3 months to get an appointment. I really thought I'd be able to "fix" this on my own. I decided to go to Urgent Care for it because it seems to be spreading and I wanted to take a scouring pad to my face it was itching so badly! Of course it was a beautiful day here, and I was spending it sitting inside the clinic, and of course I had to be seen by the young, hip, cute Dr. Oh well. I really have little dignity left. He thinks it's pregnancy induced eczema (this is what I first thought way back when, but my OB thought otherwise....) so he prescribed a strong topical steroid that he says is safe for pregnancy. And it shouldn't surprise anyone...I never had this with any of the other pregnancies!
It's a good thing Brian and I agree that we are done having babies. Who knows what would happen to my body if there was a #5?!?!?
5 comments:
I don't quite have your same complaints, but I did say to Kirby the other day, "This is what I imagine it feels like to be 93." I'm just generally pretty miserable and am not sure how I'm going to make it through 4+ more weeks of this.
Anyway, hang in there, I really, really hope the steroids help!
And, I'm quite sure that #6 will do us in too! Yikes!
Take care,
Shana
You don't have much longer to go and hopefully some of these annoyances will disappear once little man arrives. You look cute to the rest of us. :)
I agree with Vivs! You are cute pregnant lady and I want to post the pic of you doing the splits 7 months preg on my blog because that is too cool! :) Hang in there!
It will all be a distant memory before you know it!! Hang in there. I have experienced nearly every pregnancy problem possible and I made it through! And rest as much as possible. You need it.
I saw a picture of one of my high school friends who had 4 kids. She took to running "religiously" after her fourth child to "get rid of all the marks of pregnancy." She used to be one of the most beautiful people I knew. Now she looks like a refugee from Haiti. I think my little brother got very, very lucky in marrying one of the best looking ladies in Minnesota and running after 4 little ones will certainly keep you in shape. You and your great family are in my prayers!
Post a Comment