We all made it and had good first days! We didn't even have any big meltdowns after school. A little fighting between the boys, but nothing more than the usual.
Ben and Matt had great things to say about their teachers and classmates, and Adam was thrilled that he got to have a long "playdate" with his buddies.
Brian was happy with how his first day as a PE teacher went, with the exception of the 1st and 6th graders. He'll need to do a little revamping of his lesson plans with these age groups, but he'll figure it out.
My job-share partner and I work a full day together on the first day. It's nice to split up all the talking of the first day with another person, and we had a good day. We've got a big group (30 students), but they seem like a nice bunch.
They all wanted to match today!
This was as far as I was "allowed" to go. He didn't want me to go into the pod area and give him a hug and kiss there.

Let me explain: My partner and I do a "Guess Who" activity with the kids. We read statements like "I do not like mushrooms." "I have two kids." "I have been to Europe." "I can do the splits." They take their best guess as to who matches which statements. When it was revealed that I can do the splits, they begged me to prove it...so I did, 7+ months prego and all! My partner was laughing pretty hard when I dropped to the floor and did these, and she suggested I make it my profile picture on FB. : )

6 comments:
oh. my. word! i'm super duper impressed! amazing!
Oh please please please make it your FB pic! That is hilarious!!!!!
I have to tell you, the first thing that came to my mind is, "You are a freak."
An impressive freak.
You've always been ridiculously flexible.
I dare you to make that your pic on FB.
Hilary - You are awesome. That might be the most hilarious picture I've ever seen.
Show Off
"Unbelievable" BUT "really cool"!
You are AMAZING!
Post a Comment