8.17.2010

Too Close For Comfort

4 days ago we had some pretty severe weather. I was awakened by some loud thunder and very strong winds. I spent a couple of hours awake checking the TV, looking outside and listening to the sirens while the rest of the family slept soundly in their beds.

It turns out it was an F-1 tornado. It hit about a mile from our house. Scary. The damage is amazing, yet I realize this was a "small" tornado. The damaged and destroyed homes are terrible, but what's really sad to see are the large trees, completely uprooted.

I'm very thankful our family and friends who live nearby are all okay, and no one we know suffered major damage.

Tornado Path
  • The yellow line is a total of 1.5 miles
  • The boys' school is the large area just to the bottom left of the yellow line
  • Our house is just East of the school


Badly hit homes

2 comments:

Mrs. Cox said...

Wow. Glad you are okay.

Vivi said...

Yikes. Scary that i never even left my bedroom. Waaay too close.