Adam broke his wrist yesterday. Our family went for a walk to the park, Adam had his new garage sale Lighting McQueen Crocs on, he was running, and down he went. He was crying pretty hard, but I thought it was just a scrape and told him he'd be fine.
A neighbor was biking by and heard him crying and helped out by trying to distract him. She invited us over for some leftover birthday cake and ice cream, and I happily obliged! Adam wimpered through a few bites (which should have been my clue that something indeed was wrong) and then said he didn't want to finish.
At home we got him through the tub, gave him some Tylenol and an ice pack, and got him to bed. I thought that was going to be the end of it. He woke up about 1 1/2 hours later crying again, and from then on, he never really fell back asleep. Finally at 1:15 am I decided he was up, I was up, and something must not be right, but I felt a little silly going to urgent care for a fall that had happened almost 6 hours earlier. Fortunately we didn't have to wait very long, Adam was a trooper during his x-rays, and sure enough, his little wrist is broken, and the urgent care dr. was a little suspicious that it might have another smaller fracture in a 2nd spot. For the time being he's got a splint on and it's all wrapped up. We aren't able to get into the orthopedist until Monday morning, at which time we're expecting he'll want to cast it.
3 boys and this is our first broken bone. Not too bad. I'm sure there will be more to come!
8 comments:
Oh sweet Adam! He looks so sad. Please give him lots of hugs and kisses from us! Hang in there Mr. Man!
Why does that splint make him look even cuter?
awwwww.....look at that little face :( Be tough buddy!!
Oh those youngest boys....they make our hair gray! Z has 4 more days of his cast. Been a fast 6 weeks! They're so resiliant!
Oh no! He does look pretty darn cute with it on though. :)
Poor dear! I am most surprised that this is the first broken bone for your boys!
Poor little guy! Praying for a quick healing and recovery. Just for info's sake, out of six kids we have only had one broken bone.
Yes, we "mothers of boys" have our share of broken bones. We have stories to tell about each one!! It doesn'nt make it any easier when it happens! Love to sweet Adam!!
Hi Adam,
I feel very bad about you having that broken wrist. It seems that you are getting along OK.
I would like to ask you a qestion. You know that I can't come to you but I really would like to have my name on the cast. Could you ask your Mom if she could write Opa on the cast for me?
Hope you help me soon again to pack blades.
Opa
Post a Comment