He spent the last couple of nights practicing his oral presentation that would be judged. On Thursday morning I walked him in to school with display board, samples of moldy cheese, and a card table all in tow.
At the end of the school day, he was thrilled to share with us that he had earned a FIRST PLACE RIBBON! He was so excited, and this just further fuels his fire to want to be a scientist when he grows up. He says he wants to work with chemicals and find a cure for cancer. I think he could do it, too!
The next step will take place in a month at an all day regional tournament (and I do mean ALL DAY) about an hour and a half away from home. Participants who advance from that level move on to the state tournament, and eventually the national competition. We may not advance past the regional tournament, but somehow I'm sensing that we have many more years of science fair ahead of us!
Ben's other exciting news happened today when he received a certificate stating that he had been chosen as his school's "Student of Honor". He wasn't really sure why he was given the award, but was excited about it nonetheless.
We're proud of Ben's fantastic school achievements!
8 comments:
Way to go Ben!
Good job Ben!! What a great example you are to your little brothers
Your mom and dad will have a scientist and a finger dancer, humm what does Matt want to be?
Good job Ben (this is Luke by the way)...I remember I got a first place ribbon and was invited to the state tourney in Rochester but decided to stay home and play Nintendo w/ my friend Eric instead...I hope you make a better decision than I did.
yay Ben! Funny that cheese seems to be your family's science project of choice. Ask your mom.
Maybe Matt could do one one how best to cut the cheese?
Ben! That's awesome!
Way to go Ben!
CONGRATULATIONS, BEN!!!!!!
I am so proud of you. I know that you will do very well, in whatever you decide to do!!
Super work, Ben! :)
Post a Comment