3.27.2010

Boys at the Ballpark

Brian here! If you know me at all, you know that I have been waiting a long time for the opening of Target Field. It's actually been close to 10 years. The Twins have been lobbying for a new stadium for about that long and a few years ago, I found out that it was actually going to be built. The Twins set up a webcam before the groundbreaking so that a stadium geek like me could go on their website daily and follow the construction progress. Today was the public open house and for only $2 a person, I could take the boys and walk around and experience an outdoor MLB ballpark once again. (I went to Met stadium when I was very little, but don't remember anything about it.) It was everything I hoped for. Green grass, great sight lines to watch, (Gophers vs. La Tech exhibition game too) and an amazing big scoreboard with HD were a few of my favorites. But the best thing was the smell of freshly grilled hot dogs and brats that I could smell everywhere, including the minute I got out of the car two blocks away. I just never got to experience that with the Twins playing inside a dome. Actually the greatest thing, was just sitting beside my three boys under the flag while listening to the National Anthem in the great outdoors. Now that was priceless! Here are the pics from an awesome day at Target Field.
















My brothers John, Robert, and Richard along with myself even have our names engraved on the glass Tradition Wall right in front of the main gate. (Gate 34) Thanks to Robert who plunked down some good $$$ for that, we have our names permanently at the ballpark.

If you want to see the names better, click on the picture to enlarge.

4 comments:

Gma Marilyn said...

Can you believe it!!!!! Grandpa Howard and Grandma Ada would be sooooooooooo proud to see you carrying on the tradition of
MINNESOTA TWINS BASEBALL!!!!!! Thanks for these great pics!!

lil' mama said...

Great pics! Looks like a fun day. Hopefully we can get L out there sometime to join you and the boys.

Now I'm craving a hot dog!!!!!!

Mrs. Cox said...

Adorable pictures! What a great memory! We can't wait to go to a game there...maybe we can meet you there sometime and go together! :) Go Twins!!

Vivi said...

Even I think that looks just a little bit fun. Way to go, Daddy M.