8.27.2009

South Dakota

I know, I know, it's been a while since I've blogged. I've been spending some time getting back into the classroom since we officially head back for workshops next week, planning a little weekend getaway (that'll be a later post), training for triathlon #2, and trying to wrap up all the summer projects that didn't get done!

In addition to those things, last week we spent a couple of days at Grandma and Opa's house in SD. Now that Ben and Matt are both in school, it makes it a little more difficult to visit and juggle schedules. Matt, Adam and I hadn't been to SD since last summer, so it was an overdue visit.


Evening at the park


A friend of Grandma's told her about a county fair going on about 45 min from her home. After taking a roundabout way of getting there (Brian figured he knew his way through the cornfields) we arrived at the fair and were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed the day looking at animals, going on rides, and eating great fair food!


A fun day!



Bumper cars!


Runnin' out of gas!



When the boys were in a more serious mood, they loved helping Opa fill orders for his blade business. They had fun using the paper shredder, the credit card machine, the label maker...and of course finding Opa's drawer with chocolates! Opa compensated them well for their work. I think I may consider quitting my day job and working for Opa! : )


Filling an order

Opa kept a watchful eye...but it looks like Ben fell asleep on the job!



If only they would always work this well together!

We love you Grandma and Opa!




1 comment:

Sally said...

What good little workers