8.21.2009

10 Reasons to Tri

My sister and my SIL have done a great job recapping our first triathlon experience. It was an emotion-filled weekend that ended on a high note! We all accomplished the triathlon, and quite successfully if I do say so myself!


Top 10 Reasons to "Tri"

10. You get to go out for dinner with the girls the night before and not feel guilty for loading up on pasta!


9. You earn an honorary degree in meteorology by checking weather.com every few minutes.


8. You learn about cogs, derailuers, chain rings, bricks and shot blocks.


7. You discover new parts of your community by riding 25 miles on your bike!



6. You get to convince the Starbucks boy that he should open his drive through a few minutes early to give coffee to 4 crazy ladies on their way to a race in the pouring rain.



5. You get to be part of a great team raising money and awareness for a good cause.


4. You get to have numbers marked all over your body...a badge of triathlon honor!

Yes, these really are our legs. I'm on the far right. : )

3. You get to realize that you can accomplish much more than you ever thought possible.

2. You and your friends get to wear matching swim caps.


1. You decide you like the adrenaline rush and decide to sign up for another race this summer!
September 5, 2009



A very special thanks to Brian and the boys for being so supportive and flexible this summer as I took on this adventure! I love you!














11 comments:

lil' mama said...

Love the post and pics. My two fav pics are you waving on your bike and you with arms up and swim cap. Too cute. Awesome that you are doing another one and so soon! WAY TO GO!

Heather said...

oh my goodness-another one??? I'm not talking to you anymore.

Mrs. Cox said...

Way to go, Hil! i am so proud of you. Great work! I love the pic of you riding your bike. Awesome!

Kari said...

I love the top 10 Hilary. You summed the experience up well. Although I knew you went to Starbuck, just didn't know you had to beg them to open. : )

Thank you for being on Team Connor for this race. I am so grateful for all your hard work with fundraising. You have helped us get closer to that cure!
Thank you for being such an amazing friend!

Good luck in your next race. I wish I could be there with you!

Kate said...

Seriously?! Another one?! You are awesome!

Vivi said...

Clever! Great job on the race, Hil! Go Team Mamba on Sept 5!!

Gma Marilyn said...

I love the pictures and the Top 10
reasons! Also very proud of you, as you know!!

Sally said...

Well done, looking forward to #2

shana said...

Way to go!! That's amazing!

blessedby6 said...

Totally inspiring...not that I am going to "tri" anytime, ever. But still...

Aleesha said...

Sooo impressed and proud of you, Hil!!