11.29.2008

Happy Sickgiving!

All of the Smiths were in town for Thanksgiving. There are now 10 adults and 10 children, ages 10 to 8 months in our little clan. So, when I knew all 20 of us would be at my house for supper starting Monday night and for various meals throughout the week, including Thanksgiving, I decided this would be a good week to come down with a horrible case of strep, requiring 2 visits to the ER. Needless to say, we did a little improvising, moved people around so no one was staying at our house for a few days, and everyone pitched in in various ways, and we still had a great week together! Our family is very blessed and we have much to be thankful for.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I was very thankful for the barf bag!


Papa and I took some of the kids on a night walk to the park!


LATE night walk with Papa and Katy


One of my favorite parts of having everyone together, is watching the 10 cousins!


Nana & Papa cutting their Christmas tree with their grandkids (Charlie was napping)


Sweet note Torrey left behind

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilary, I am so sorry you were sick for part of your Tgiving break. Sounds like you still had a good time anyway. 2 of my 3 were/are sick for the break. Nelson is still struggling with a 103 temp, cough, etc. Not much fun, but we were still able to celebrate on Thursday. Your posts are so much fun.

Kate said...

Oh Hilary! I am sorry you were sick - the right cocktail of antibiotics must have kicked in, because you look great by contrast in the later pictures! Happy Thanksgiving!

lil' mama said...

Thanks for all the fun, food, napping space, late night walks, etc! Miss you guys. Our house is too quiet :(

Aleesha said...

It's hard to believe Sally and Paul have 10 GRANDCHILDREN!! What a blessing... it is fun to watch them all interact and play together, isn't it? Glad to hear you are feeling better, Hil. You ARE a die-hard blogger if you allow your picture to be taken in the ER! What a trooper.