9.18.2008

No Wonder He's Not A Morning Guy!

Matt has never been much of a morning person. It usually takes him a while to wake up and get going. Even as a baby, he rarely had those morning where he'd wake up cooing and happy. Oh no, Matt would wake up fussing, screaming and yelling!

The other night I went in to check on him, and this is how I found him sleeping.




On top of that, he has gotten himself into this HORRIBLE habit of waking up around 3:00 am and yelling, and I mean yelling like he's mad, for me to come and put his blankets on him. As you may recall, he's a kid who likes his routine, and he likes his blankets tucked in TIGHT. Believe me, we have practiced and practiced putting his blankets on himself, but he just can't get them the way he likes them. So for now, I've come to expect my 3:00 am wake-up call from Matt. I'm just thankful it can be over and done with in a matter of seconds, and not the nights of wailing like when he had chronic ear infections!

Maybe I should move him permanently to a sleeping bag??!!

3 comments:

Vivi said...

I vividly recall a certain girl, who will remain nameless, but is the mother of a certain boy...shall we call him Matt...who used to pretty much do a 180 degree turn during her sleep in the night. I know this because I was on the top bunk.

I'm just sayin...maybe it's genetic.

Unknown said...

It looks like he was just up and running around his bed and the collapsed. Perhaps, he's doing midnight exercises.
Beware, he has a certain uncle who had a habit of sleep walking.

Sally said...

Maybe you could start him in that position and tuck him in tight :)