11.12.2013

Tough Love

Ben had a rough morning this morning.  For the past few days I've been reminding him of a bigger reading assignment that needed to get done.  You already know where this is going.  Over the weekend, he told me it was easy and he'd get it done.  Sunday night he decided to work on it, went to his backpack and realized he didn't have the book.  Had he looked earlier, as I suggested, we could have gone to the library.

That left the night before the assignment was due to get it done.  He played outside, played on his ipad, and had basketball practice.  At 11pm, yes 11:00, he decided to get started.  I went to bed.  This morning he overslept which he never does.  After Brian woke him up, he came crying up the stairs because he was going to get up early to do his homework.  He never got it started last night.  He was mad and asked if I could excuse him from school.  Nice try, but no.  I feel terrible, but obviously it's a lesson he's got to learn.

He left in a flurry and left mud tracked all over the kitchen floor.  He was out in the woods digging a hole yesterday rather than doing his homework.

I'm off to mop the kitchen floor.

1 comment:

Uncle Weebzy said...

Been there; done that. Lesson learned