I have never leaned to play chess. I tried a couple of times but found it terribly confusing, and I really didn't have the patience nor the interest to stick with it.
I'm slowly learning to change my attitude about it because Ben has been fascinated with it lately. He asked if Brian or I could teach him, and when neither of us could, he did what any kid of the 21st century would do...he YouTubed a chess tutorial and taught himself how to play. No kidding. Brian went out and picked up a chess board the other day since we didn't own one, and Ben has since been teaching Brian, myself and Matt how to play. Even Adam is starting to learn the terminology.
Who knows. Maybe this crazy family of 6 will have a little sophistication yet!
6 comments:
I love that Ben! He's such a cool kid!
Hi, I tried to reply to your comment on my blog but it keeps taking me to my login screen argh! Here is my reply:
Anonymous said...Ha! Wrong :) I do not currently have a tattoo of a skull anywhere, although I did put one in my 'future tattoo file' prior to meeting her! it is strange how alike both we, and our stories are.
Great to hear from you, Larry! I keep up with you and your family through your blog...great to see you guys are doing great and enjoying your summer off!
June 21, 2011 10:25 PM
Glad we can still "chat" through our blogs but I would really love to get together again! For now, we have the computer :) Keep in touch, Hil!
I don't play chess (I share your sentiment) but John does and he is teaching Ava. Perhaps I can finally get motivated to learn if Ben can teach himself off YouTube!
I know how to play. It will be fun to challenge Ben in July.
When is the tournament,Ben? Oh,oh, I guess I'd better get busy and learn the game!! Love, Gma
Good for you all, learning to play a life long game
Post a Comment