4.30.2011

Race Day

It's been 17 months since my last race. Earlier this spring I signed up for a 10K as a way to get myself motivated to get back into exercising after having Luke.

Today was the day. The weather was terrible. It was pouring rain on the way there, but fortunately the rain and wind let up for the hour I ran, and as we were driving home, the skies opened up again.

I get very competitive with myself and with those I'm running with. My original goal of completing the race today turned into a goal of beating my personal best 10K time from 2 years ago, which turned into a desire to want to beat my sister. Yes, Holly, I really did want to beat you.

I didn't beat my personal best or Holly, but I did get out there and run. And 6 months after having my 4th baby, I should be proud that I ran 6.2 miles at a 9:17 pace.

As far as beating Holly...there's always next year!

6 comments:

lil' mama said...

Way to go!

Kate said...

I guarantee you beat every.single.woman out there who just had their fourth baby six months ago. You had an impressive performance under any circumstances, but six months post baby - amazing! Six months after I had my kids I was still sitting on the couch watching the Food Network! Way to go Hilary!

Vivi said...

Do you think I didn't know that? Really? You race me to the car out of Target.

I truly did consider letting you win - simply because I knew it would drive you nuts not to. But, you do need to be me fair and square...just like you've done plenty o' times before.

You did awesome and please just be happy with what YOU did and where YOU are and stop looking around. You'll only get a sore neck. :)

Sally said...

I'm still recovering from my 4th baby and he's thirty something

Gma Marilyn said...

Great job, Hilary!! You are Amazing! Love, Marilyn

Unknown said...

Remember the summer before our sr year we went to the track to run because we were going to be in better shape than anyone else once Danceline started? We ran around the track once and then went to the grocery store to get an apple and bottle of water because we were so healthy. It was going to be our daily ritual that summer...we never went again after that day!

You have come a long way since then, be proud of yourself! I am still only running around the track once :)