12.13.2010

Backyard Visitor

For the past couple of months we've been seeing an owl on a regular basis in the same spot in one of the trees. He's a pretty impressive fellow (or gal, not sure which), and today I was able to get a good shot of him.


Not a bad picture for a point & shoot camera through my living room window.


Same picture but cropped & zoomed.




5 comments:

shana said...

cool, i love owls. hope you are doing well and keeping warm!
blessings,
shana

blessedby6 said...

Love this! We live in the country and get the chance to see tons of wildlife. It never gets old.

Vivi said...

Wow - that is impressive. I'm bummed I haven't seen it in person yet. I like how you showed all three pics...it gives perspective how big it is. Looks cool up in the tree without the leaves. Maybe he/she will keep the voles away!

Could we borrow him?

Vivi said...

I showed this to J and he thinks it's a hawk?

Gma Marilyn said...

I love it!! Do I see blue sky in the background? I hope that he/she didn't have any problems with the weather! What do the boys think of him/her? Love, Gma